Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sorry!

Oh boy have I been busy but I won't bore you with all the details.  Following our computer disaster I have been recouping a lot of my stuff and trying to find all the lovely freebies I had downloaded but alas, they are hard to remember and are no longer freebies available in most places. Ce la vie!  
At long last, after 5 months of hospital, 2 major surgeries and a few weeks in a rehab home, my lovely Mum, 84 years old, is now back home.  She lives in a beautiful little bungalow which is owned by the village Church and is part of  4 bungalows known as cottages which are listed buildings.  The Church has recently renovated them all with new central heating and a combi boiler plus all rooms being redecorated with wallpaper and paint.  As soon as it finished we needed to get to work on the clean up job and wash everything, scrub here and there and replace some things which were in need of replacing.  After lots of hours it was all done ready for her return.  I did feel very nervous leaving her alone yesterday afternoon but I know that carers are going in four times a day and that she has two special pieces of equipment which she can use to get help if she needs it.  My concern was added to as we discovered her telephone volume wasn't working and it was really difficult for me to hear anyone and impossible for my almost totally deaf Mum!  New phone on shopping list for today.  This week is going to be another very busy one then hopefully I can get back to crafting next week sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment