Friday 28 June 2013

Computer disaster!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO sorry that I have been missing on here for a week, last Saturday I did an outdoor and very windy craft fair which resulted in a £45 profit.  However last Sunday we had a MAJOR meltdown, well our computer did!!  Sadly all my craft files on one of the drives was 
wiped out.  My wonderful husband spent a frustrating and fractious 18hrs working on it all until he managed to restore everything up to the end of December last year.  Since then I have been trying to discover what is missing.  Paypal has been my biggest help here because everything I buy that is digital, I do through paypal.  The next task was then to make lists and email everyone to ask if they would be kind enough to send me copies but I understood that this might not be possible.  I was overwhelmed with their generosity and I now have almost all of my bought items back and protected!  So thank you to Liz from Pink Petticoat, Regina from The Cutting Cafe, Sally-Ann from Digi Stamp Boutique.  Lisa from Pretty paper, Pretty ribbons and Tammy from A Day for Daisies.  I think I would have cried without their generosity.  I have re-installed most of the fonts I lost and now I have the job of setting my husband creating the svg's that are lost that he did for me.  Oh the joys of technology.  I must also say SORRY to those wonderful crafters who left me comments on the blog hop last weekend as I didn't get more than one or two done.  Won't manage this weekend either:(  I would like to welcome Sue to my followers though, thank you for joining me Sue!  Hopefully I will get back to some blogging this week. 
 

2 comments:

  1. well done at the craft fair & well done to your husband for sorting your computer as much as he did.it's nice to see the generosity of those sites. sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue, thank you, it truly is very generous of the owners and I so appreciate their help. Welcome to my blog followers too, I am still at sixes and sevens with too much going on at home at the moment. We have had lots of visitors and craft fairs to add to the mix and I am now feeling very tired!

    ReplyDelete