Monday 24 February 2014

Necessity is the mother of invention!

We have had a lovely week with our eldest son, his partner and our youngest grandson.  We took them all off to York and the Railway Museum and met up with two of my sister in laws, one of who bought the four little ones a ball each that lights up when it is bounced.  My goodness they have increased my fitness.  We found a quiet ramp and the four of them just spent their time rolling and throwing their balls down the ramp toward me while I ran after each ball and threw it back.  This went on for about 25 minutes so I got a good work out from it.  Here is a picture of the four youngest grandchildren having great fun bumping their way down our stairs.
I have 3 craft fairs booked for March and so the other week I decided I should check out my current stock levels and see what I needed or what I could improve on.  To my dismay I found a heap of chocolate bars that fortunately have a long date printed on (July) and as they won't survive until Christmas I thought I should find another purpose for them beside eating them!!  I therefore created  rabbit and chicken wrappers.  My friend saw them and immediately whisked them away, so I made another two as samples to gauge interest before I lurched headlong into mass production.  Another friend has whisked these off too so I decided that they might be a good seller after all and have now created several rabbits and today must start on the chickens!!  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think he is absolutely delightful, can't wait to see the chickens :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say that I love the photograph too :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, chickens posted on here today!

      Delete