Wednesday 29 May 2013

Keep calm and .....

Yet another set back this week for my Mum.  One of the meds. she was given gave her hallucinations which in turn scared us a lot.  These progressed over the week until they went from amusing to scary and frightened her.  Once the meds. were discontinued she gradually returned to her old self.  Phew!

On a positive note I have been making cards in abundance.  We have lots of relatives as we both come from big families and lots of those relatives live around the world so I try each year to make cards for birthdays, wedding anniversaries etc in advance!  I have a list next to my work desk and as I make cards I look to see who it would be suitable for and then cross them off the list.  I always write out the card, address it and put the date of the occasion on then it goes in date order on a little cupboard by the front door, ready to be stamped and posted!  It works for me, especially as we are tending to spend 3 months in Australia most years.  My daughter posts them for me when we are away along with all the Christmas cards I also need to make and address in advance.




As usual, on the day, our son was going to a friends engagement party and asked me to make a card!  Just noticed the tiny glue mark that wasn't easy to see when I made it!  Amazing how the imperfections are highlighted when you touch up your photos!

I love the Martha Stewart punch around the page sets and made lots with this particular one.  It's called Cherish and you can buy it from sirstampalot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment